Bodden talks about leadership and motivation
|03.17.10 at 3:19 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Cornerback Leigh Bodden sounds like he’s ready to take on more of an active leadership role this season with the Patriots. Bodden, who recently signed a long-term deal to stay with New England, said he’s always been more of a quiet leader in the past, but that could change in 2010.
‘I’m the kind of leader who leads by example ‘ I’m really not a talkative guy in the locker room,’ he said. ‘But some times I will step in there and say some things, and I have done that with my group in the defensive backfield. Maybe it’s time for me to do that with the team. That’s definitely something I’m looking forward to doing this year.’
Speaking after a Wednesday morning workout at Gillette Stadium, Bodden said that even with the new contract ‘ a reported four-year deal with $10 million guaranteed ‘ motivation won’t be an issue.
‘I tell people all the time I tell people I’m still an undrafted guy. I still feel like I have to prove myself every year,’ he said. ‘I know there’s always a guy like me ‘ when I was a rookie, I was an undrafted guy who wanted to be on a team. I wanted a spot
‘So I know there’s a lot of young guys who are hungry and drafted guys ‘ or undrafted ‘ who are hungry to get their feet wet in the league and want to play and start,’ he added. ‘That’s what keeps me going and keeps me motivated.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 12 Loss
- WR Chris Harper Released by Patriots
- Brady Comments on Officiating During Broncos Loss
- Buzz: Patriots Hopeful Gronk, Amendola Will Play vs. Eagles
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Full Game Grades for Pats vs. Broncos