More Wonderlic scores leaking out
|03.22.10 at 1:12 pm ET|
In the wake of the news that Tim Tebow finished with a score of 22 on the Wonderlic, more scores are starting to leak out. According to Pro Football Talk, some of the lowest scores included Indiana defensive end Greg Middleton, who finished with a six on the test, according to a league source. Offensive lineman John Jerry of Mississippi reportedly got a nine.
Clemson running back C.J. Spiller and Oregon tight end Ed Dickson both scored a 10, while Penn State linebacker Navarro Bowman and Illinois receiver Arrelious Benn both finished with an 11. In addition, West Virginia’s Jarrett Brown had a 15.
The National Football Post also has some of the scores from other running backs, several of whom have been linked to the Patriots in some mock drafts. That group includes Stanford’s Toby Gerhart (30), BYU’s Manase Tonga (29), Tennessee’s Montario Hardesty (25), Cal’s Jahvid Best (24), Dexter McCluster of Ole Miss (18), Oregon’s LeGarrette Blount (16) and Fresno State’s Ryan Mathews (16).
The connection between the Wonderlic and on-field success is a bit dubious ‘ I’m always reminded of the fact that Dan Marino and Terry Bradshaw each scored a 15 ‘ but it’s important to remember that many teams include the test as part of their overall evaluation when it comes to draft day. (Want to see some sample questions? Check it out here.)
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?