More Wonderlic scores leaking out
|03.22.10 at 1:12 pm ET|
In the wake of the news that Tim Tebow finished with a score of 22 on the Wonderlic, more scores are starting to leak out. According to Pro Football Talk, some of the lowest scores included Indiana defensive end Greg Middleton, who finished with a six on the test, according to a league source. Offensive lineman John Jerry of Mississippi reportedly got a nine.
Clemson running back C.J. Spiller and Oregon tight end Ed Dickson both scored a 10, while Penn State linebacker Navarro Bowman and Illinois receiver Arrelious Benn both finished with an 11. In addition, West Virginia’s Jarrett Brown had a 15.
The National Football Post also has some of the scores from other running backs, several of whom have been linked to the Patriots in some mock drafts. That group includes Stanford’s Toby Gerhart (30), BYU’s Manase Tonga (29), Tennessee’s Montario Hardesty (25), Cal’s Jahvid Best (24), Dexter McCluster of Ole Miss (18), Oregon’s LeGarrette Blount (16) and Fresno State’s Ryan Mathews (16).
The connection between the Wonderlic and on-field success is a bit dubious ‘ I’m always reminded of the fact that Dan Marino and Terry Bradshaw each scored a 15 ‘ but it’s important to remember that many teams include the test as part of their overall evaluation when it comes to draft day. (Want to see some sample questions? Check it out here.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England