More Wonderlic scores leaking out
|03.22.10 at 1:12 pm ET|
In the wake of the news that Tim Tebow finished with a score of 22 on the Wonderlic, more scores are starting to leak out. According to Pro Football Talk, some of the lowest scores included Indiana defensive end Greg Middleton, who finished with a six on the test, according to a league source. Offensive lineman John Jerry of Mississippi reportedly got a nine.
Clemson running back C.J. Spiller and Oregon tight end Ed Dickson both scored a 10, while Penn State linebacker Navarro Bowman and Illinois receiver Arrelious Benn both finished with an 11. In addition, West Virginia’s Jarrett Brown had a 15.
The National Football Post also has some of the scores from other running backs, several of whom have been linked to the Patriots in some mock drafts. That group includes Stanford’s Toby Gerhart (30), BYU’s Manase Tonga (29), Tennessee’s Montario Hardesty (25), Cal’s Jahvid Best (24), Dexter McCluster of Ole Miss (18), Oregon’s LeGarrette Blount (16) and Fresno State’s Ryan Mathews (16).
The connection between the Wonderlic and on-field success is a bit dubious ‘ I’m always reminded of the fact that Dan Marino and Terry Bradshaw each scored a 15 ‘ but it’s important to remember that many teams include the test as part of their overall evaluation when it comes to draft day. (Want to see some sample questions? Check it out here.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied