Curtis doesn’t appear to be on Pats’ shopping list
|03.25.10 at 10:32 am ET|
While the Patriots have been looking at a wide variety of veteran free agent receivers in an attempt to bolster their receiving corps, don’t expect them to go after veteran Kevin Curtis. A league source tells me that Curtis, who was cut loose by Philadelphia earlier this offseason, has already heard from a number of teams, but the Patriots aren’t one of them.
The 6-foot, 186-pound Curtis is a 31-year-old who has been in the NFL for seven seasons, and has finished with 30-plus catches in five of those seven years. His best season came in 2007 when he caught 77 passes for 1,110 yards and six touchdowns with Philadelphia. However, he has struggled the last couple of seasons because of injury, including a knee problem that limited him to 12 games the last two years.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...