Curtis doesn’t appear to be on Pats’ shopping list
|03.25.10 at 10:32 am ET|
While the Patriots have been looking at a wide variety of veteran free agent receivers in an attempt to bolster their receiving corps, don’t expect them to go after veteran Kevin Curtis. A league source tells me that Curtis, who was cut loose by Philadelphia earlier this offseason, has already heard from a number of teams, but the Patriots aren’t one of them.
The 6-foot, 186-pound Curtis is a 31-year-old who has been in the NFL for seven seasons, and has finished with 30-plus catches in five of those seven years. His best season came in 2007 when he caught 77 passes for 1,110 yards and six touchdowns with Philadelphia. However, he has struggled the last couple of seasons because of injury, including a knee problem that limited him to 12 games the last two years.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video