Report: Pats eyeing Louisville WR Long
|03.28.10 at 8:55 pm ET|
Louisville wide receiver Scott Long went through a series of position drills at the Cardinals’ Pro Day Sunday under the watchful eye of Patriots wide receivers coach Chad O’Shea, according to Gil Brandt of NFL.com.
Long was a top performer for his posiiton in every category at the combine last month, finishing first among wide receivers in three-cone drill (6.45 seconds), the vertical jump (41.5 inches) and 60-yard shuttle (11.06 seconds). In addition, he tied for first in the bench press with 20 repetitions of 225 pounds.
The 23-year-old is a 6-foot-2, 214-pounder who caught 53 passes for 727 yards and two touchdowns last season. He finished his career at Louisville with 91 catches, 1,286 yards and four TDs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...