Report: Pats eyeing Louisville WR Long
|03.28.10 at 8:55 pm ET|
Louisville wide receiver Scott Long went through a series of position drills at the Cardinals’ Pro Day Sunday under the watchful eye of Patriots wide receivers coach Chad O’Shea, according to Gil Brandt of NFL.com.
Long was a top performer for his posiiton in every category at the combine last month, finishing first among wide receivers in three-cone drill (6.45 seconds), the vertical jump (41.5 inches) and 60-yard shuttle (11.06 seconds). In addition, he tied for first in the bench press with 20 repetitions of 225 pounds.
The 23-year-old is a 6-foot-2, 214-pounder who caught 53 passes for 727 yards and two touchdowns last season. He finished his career at Louisville with 91 catches, 1,286 yards and four TDs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal