Expect at least one NFC East team on Pats’ 2010 preseason slate
|03.30.10 at 8:11 pm ET|
The NFL announced Tuesday they will unveil the 2010 preseason schedule at 3 p.m. on Wednesday.
If we’re handicapping the field, chances are pretty good New England will have at least two NFC East teams on its preseason slate. The Patriots have met the Giants in the preseason eight of the last nine years, and they have faced the Eagles five of the last eight years. (New England has faced each of those two teams 19 times in preseason action, tied for second most of any team.)
There’s a pretty good chance that the Redskins might figure into the mix as well ‘ the Patriots have faced Washington more than any other team in the preseason, with 20 meetings against the Redskins since preseason play began in 1960, including eight games the last 12 years. And last season’s Patriots-Redskins preseason game (the third of the year for New England) was perhaps the most notable of the preseason, as that was the contest where Tom Brady was blasted by Washington defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, a hit that injured the quarterback’s right shoulder.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl