Patriots work out Auburn’s Coleman
|04.07.10 at 6:14 pm ET|
Add Auburn linebacker/defensive end Antonio Coleman to the list of players who have worked out for the Patriots. Coleman, speaking with Buddy Andrade and Pat Schuster on the ‘Football Dialogue Radio Show’ Tuesday night, said he recently took part in a pre-draft workout with New England.
Listed anywhere between 6-foot-1 and 6-foot-3, Coleman is a 260-pounder who was a defensive end in college but projects as an outside linebacker in the pros. In 2009, he recorded 15.5 tackles for loss and nine sacks en route to being named on the All-SEC First Team by both the media and the conference’s coaches (both for the second consecutive season).
Despite the big numbers, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock says opinions vary on Coleman.
‘Talented kid. Motor doesn’t always run at 100 percent. Can bring some pressure off the edge,’ Mayock said prior to the combine. ‘He’s a guy, in my opinion, when you talk to people around the league, people are all over the board about this kid. … He’s a little bit of a tweener sizewise. 6-foot-1, 250 plus or minus. Is he a true defensive end? Can he stand up and play outside linebacker? Those are some of his issues.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL