Cook works out for Patriots
|04.12.10 at 3:05 pm ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed via league source a reports the Patriots recently worked out Virginia cornerback Chris Cook. Cook is a 6-foot-2, 212-pounder who struggled with injuries throughout his collegiate career (broken leg, sprained knee), but he enjoyed a strong senior campaign with the Cavaliers, posting a career high 10 pass breakups and four interceptions in 2009. He doesn’t appear to fit the mold at corner for the Patriots ‘ they usually tend to favor undersized CBs. But they have broken the mold before with players like Leigh Bodden, so they could continue in that same vein with Cook, who has also reportedly worked out for the Saints, Chargers, Vikings and Dolphins.
The news of the workout was first reported by the National Football Post.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...