Cook works out for Patriots
|04.12.10 at 3:05 pm ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed via league source a reports the Patriots recently worked out Virginia cornerback Chris Cook. Cook is a 6-foot-2, 212-pounder who struggled with injuries throughout his collegiate career (broken leg, sprained knee), but he enjoyed a strong senior campaign with the Cavaliers, posting a career high 10 pass breakups and four interceptions in 2009. He doesn’t appear to fit the mold at corner for the Patriots ‘ they usually tend to favor undersized CBs. But they have broken the mold before with players like Leigh Bodden, so they could continue in that same vein with Cook, who has also reportedly worked out for the Saints, Chargers, Vikings and Dolphins.
The news of the workout was first reported by the National Football Post.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brissett Is Patriots' Most Important Rookie
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension