Cook works out for Patriots
|04.12.10 at 3:05 pm ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed via league source a reports the Patriots recently worked out Virginia cornerback Chris Cook. Cook is a 6-foot-2, 212-pounder who struggled with injuries throughout his collegiate career (broken leg, sprained knee), but he enjoyed a strong senior campaign with the Cavaliers, posting a career high 10 pass breakups and four interceptions in 2009. He doesn’t appear to fit the mold at corner for the Patriots ‘ they usually tend to favor undersized CBs. But they have broken the mold before with players like Leigh Bodden, so they could continue in that same vein with Cook, who has also reportedly worked out for the Saints, Chargers, Vikings and Dolphins.
The news of the workout was first reported by the National Football Post.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- WR Chris Harper Released by Patriots
- Brady Comments on Officiating During Broncos Loss
- Buzz: Patriots Hopeful Gronk, Amendola Will Play vs. Eagles
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Full Game Grades for Pats vs. Broncos
- Despite First Loss, Pats Still in Driver's Seat for AFC's No. 1 Seed
- Pats' Super Bowl Hopes May Hinge on Gronk's Status