Cook works out for Patriots
|04.12.10 at 3:05 pm ET|
WEEI.com has confirmed via league source a reports the Patriots recently worked out Virginia cornerback Chris Cook. Cook is a 6-foot-2, 212-pounder who struggled with injuries throughout his collegiate career (broken leg, sprained knee), but he enjoyed a strong senior campaign with the Cavaliers, posting a career high 10 pass breakups and four interceptions in 2009. He doesn’t appear to fit the mold at corner for the Patriots ‘ they usually tend to favor undersized CBs. But they have broken the mold before with players like Leigh Bodden, so they could continue in that same vein with Cook, who has also reportedly worked out for the Saints, Chargers, Vikings and Dolphins.
The news of the workout was first reported by the National Football Post.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick