Agent: Foschi visits Patriots
|04.17.10 at 11:39 am ET|
Veteran tight end J.P. Foschi visited and worked out for the Patriots on Friday, according to his agent Ralph Cindrich.
Foschi is a 27-year-old out of Georgia Tech who has bounced around the NFL since he debuted in the league as an undrafted free agent with the Raiders in 2005. A 6-foot-3, 265-pounder, he spent two years with Oakland and did not catch a touchdown pass. After a brief stopover with Kansas City, Foschi found a home with the Bengals last season, where he enjoyed the best season of his career. After catching just six professional passes up to that point, Foschi served as the No. 1 tight end for most of the second half of the season and caught 27 passes for 260 yards and two touchdowns. He wasn’t tendered a contract by Cincinnati, which made him an unrestricted free agent.
It doesn’t sound like they’ll be a move immediately in the offing ‘ I asked Cindrich via Twitter if Foschi was indeed in Foxboro for a visit, and he intimated that both sides might want to check the post-draft landscape before they make a move: “Good visit. Type of guy who could fit. See the landscape after draft.”
The move would certainly make sense ‘ this offseason, New England cut ties with established tight ends Benjamin Watson (who left in free agency) and Chris Baker (who was released). The Patriots did acquire veteran Alge Crumpler, but he remains the only tight end currently on the active roster.
(In the context of this story, it’s also worth noting that Cindrich has a relationship with the Patriots, A former NFL linebacker, he played for New England in 1972, starting three games for the Patriots.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England