Woods reportedly signs one-year deal with Pats
|04.19.10 at 5:10 pm ET|
Patriots outside linebacker and restricted free agent Pierre Woods has signed a one-year deal to remain with the team, according to a Boston.com report. However, the story quotes a source close to Woods as saying it is not the $1.176 million RFA tender offer he received from the Patriots back in March, but a different deal.
Signed as an undrafted free agent in 2006, the Michigan product has become a dependable backup and special teams stalwart in his four seasons with New England. In 2009, he played in all 16 games and set a career-high with five starts at outside linebacker. In addition, he led the team in special teams tackles with 18.
With the Woods’ signing, that leaves the Patriots with one restricted free agent ‘ offensive lineman Logan Mankins has yet to sign his tender.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know