Woods reportedly signs one-year deal with Pats
|04.19.10 at 5:10 pm ET|
Patriots outside linebacker and restricted free agent Pierre Woods has signed a one-year deal to remain with the team, according to a Boston.com report. However, the story quotes a source close to Woods as saying it is not the $1.176 million RFA tender offer he received from the Patriots back in March, but a different deal.
Signed as an undrafted free agent in 2006, the Michigan product has become a dependable backup and special teams stalwart in his four seasons with New England. In 2009, he played in all 16 games and set a career-high with five starts at outside linebacker. In addition, he led the team in special teams tackles with 18.
With the Woods’ signing, that leaves the Patriots with one restricted free agent ‘ offensive lineman Logan Mankins has yet to sign his tender.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick