Woods reportedly signs one-year deal with Pats
|04.19.10 at 5:10 pm ET|
Patriots outside linebacker and restricted free agent Pierre Woods has signed a one-year deal to remain with the team, according to a Boston.com report. However, the story quotes a source close to Woods as saying it is not the $1.176 million RFA tender offer he received from the Patriots back in March, but a different deal.
Signed as an undrafted free agent in 2006, the Michigan product has become a dependable backup and special teams stalwart in his four seasons with New England. In 2009, he played in all 16 games and set a career-high with five starts at outside linebacker. In addition, he led the team in special teams tackles with 18.
With the Woods’ signing, that leaves the Patriots with one restricted free agent ‘ offensive lineman Logan Mankins has yet to sign his tender.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty