Woods reportedly signs one-year deal with Pats
|04.19.10 at 5:10 pm ET|
Patriots outside linebacker and restricted free agent Pierre Woods has signed a one-year deal to remain with the team, according to a Boston.com report. However, the story quotes a source close to Woods as saying it is not the $1.176 million RFA tender offer he received from the Patriots back in March, but a different deal.
Signed as an undrafted free agent in 2006, the Michigan product has become a dependable backup and special teams stalwart in his four seasons with New England. In 2009, he played in all 16 games and set a career-high with five starts at outside linebacker. In addition, he led the team in special teams tackles with 18.
With the Woods’ signing, that leaves the Patriots with one restricted free agent ‘ offensive lineman Logan Mankins has yet to sign his tender.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video