Bucs get their man in McCoy
|04.22.10 at 7:52 pm ET|
The biggest gimme of any mock draft — yes, even more predictable than than Bradford No. 1 — has come to fruition in the form of Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy going third overall to the Bucs.
The Bucs’ depth chart is full of holes, and landing perhaps the best overall player in the draft with the third choice will go a long way in restoring both faith and ticket sales in Tampa Bay. For months people have debated whether McCoy or Suh was the better prospect, and while Suh may be flashier, McCoy will improve a defense quicker. The charismatic McCoy will be extremely marketable in Tampa Bay and will learn a ton from 31 year-old Chris Hovan.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return