Bucs get their man in McCoy
|04.22.10 at 7:52 pm ET|
The biggest gimme of any mock draft — yes, even more predictable than than Bradford No. 1 — has come to fruition in the form of Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy going third overall to the Bucs.
The Bucs’ depth chart is full of holes, and landing perhaps the best overall player in the draft with the third choice will go a long way in restoring both faith and ticket sales in Tampa Bay. For months people have debated whether McCoy or Suh was the better prospect, and while Suh may be flashier, McCoy will improve a defense quicker. The charismatic McCoy will be extremely marketable in Tampa Bay and will learn a ton from 31 year-old Chris Hovan.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied