Bucs get their man in McCoy
|04.22.10 at 7:52 pm ET|
The biggest gimme of any mock draft — yes, even more predictable than than Bradford No. 1 — has come to fruition in the form of Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy going third overall to the Bucs.
The Bucs’ depth chart is full of holes, and landing perhaps the best overall player in the draft with the third choice will go a long way in restoring both faith and ticket sales in Tampa Bay. For months people have debated whether McCoy or Suh was the better prospect, and while Suh may be flashier, McCoy will improve a defense quicker. The charismatic McCoy will be extremely marketable in Tampa Bay and will learn a ton from 31 year-old Chris Hovan.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?