Bucs get their man in McCoy
|04.22.10 at 7:52 pm ET|
The biggest gimme of any mock draft — yes, even more predictable than than Bradford No. 1 — has come to fruition in the form of Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy going third overall to the Bucs.
The Bucs’ depth chart is full of holes, and landing perhaps the best overall player in the draft with the third choice will go a long way in restoring both faith and ticket sales in Tampa Bay. For months people have debated whether McCoy or Suh was the better prospect, and while Suh may be flashier, McCoy will improve a defense quicker. The charismatic McCoy will be extremely marketable in Tampa Bay and will learn a ton from 31 year-old Chris Hovan.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...