Bucs get their man in McCoy
|04.22.10 at 7:52 pm ET|
The biggest gimme of any mock draft — yes, even more predictable than than Bradford No. 1 — has come to fruition in the form of Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy going third overall to the Bucs.
The Bucs’ depth chart is full of holes, and landing perhaps the best overall player in the draft with the third choice will go a long way in restoring both faith and ticket sales in Tampa Bay. For months people have debated whether McCoy or Suh was the better prospect, and while Suh may be flashier, McCoy will improve a defense quicker. The charismatic McCoy will be extremely marketable in Tampa Bay and will learn a ton from 31 year-old Chris Hovan.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?
- Patriots Draft Guide and Preview
- Super Bowl LI Odds: Brady Suspension Equals Uncertainty for Pats
- Gronk Reveals the Secret to Tinder Success