Lions trade up for Best
|04.22.10 at 10:50 pm ET|
The Lions moved up four slots from No. 34 to the Vikings’ slot at No. 30 and have selected California running back Jahvid Best, who ran a 4.35 40-yard dash at the combine in February. A neck injury was the biggest red flag for Best, but if healthy Best is a great downhill runner. He had 867 yards and 12 TD last year for the Bears.
The teams swapped fourth-rounders and the Vikings picked up a seventh rounder in the deal.
Analysis: It was important that the Lions improved both the defense and offense early on, and while the line maybe could have used more attention, running back was a huge need. Good pick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal