Lions trade up for Best
|04.22.10 at 10:50 pm ET|
The Lions moved up four slots from No. 34 to the Vikings’ slot at No. 30 and have selected California running back Jahvid Best, who ran a 4.35 40-yard dash at the combine in February. A neck injury was the biggest red flag for Best, but if healthy Best is a great downhill runner. He had 867 yards and 12 TD last year for the Bears.
The teams swapped fourth-rounders and the Vikings picked up a seventh rounder in the deal.
Analysis: It was important that the Lions improved both the defense and offense early on, and while the line maybe could have used more attention, running back was a huge need. Good pick.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty