Lions trade up for Best
|04.22.10 at 10:50 pm ET|
The Lions moved up four slots from No. 34 to the Vikings’ slot at No. 30 and have selected California running back Jahvid Best, who ran a 4.35 40-yard dash at the combine in February. A neck injury was the biggest red flag for Best, but if healthy Best is a great downhill runner. He had 867 yards and 12 TD last year for the Bears.
The teams swapped fourth-rounders and the Vikings picked up a seventh rounder in the deal.
Analysis: It was important that the Lions improved both the defense and offense early on, and while the line maybe could have used more attention, running back was a huge need. Good pick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction