Lions trade up for Best
|04.22.10 at 10:50 pm ET|
The Lions moved up four slots from No. 34 to the Vikings’ slot at No. 30 and have selected California running back Jahvid Best, who ran a 4.35 40-yard dash at the combine in February. A neck injury was the biggest red flag for Best, but if healthy Best is a great downhill runner. He had 867 yards and 12 TD last year for the Bears.
The teams swapped fourth-rounders and the Vikings picked up a seventh rounder in the deal.
Analysis: It was important that the Lions improved both the defense and offense early on, and while the line maybe could have used more attention, running back was a huge need. Good pick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye