Lions trade up for Best
|04.22.10 at 10:50 pm ET|
The Lions moved up four slots from No. 34 to the Vikings’ slot at No. 30 and have selected California running back Jahvid Best, who ran a 4.35 40-yard dash at the combine in February. A neck injury was the biggest red flag for Best, but if healthy Best is a great downhill runner. He had 867 yards and 12 TD last year for the Bears.
The teams swapped fourth-rounders and the Vikings picked up a seventh rounder in the deal.
Analysis: It was important that the Lions improved both the defense and offense early on, and while the line maybe could have used more attention, running back was a huge need. Good pick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- WR Chris Harper Released by Patriots
- Brady Comments on Officiating During Broncos Loss
- Buzz: Patriots Hopeful Gronk, Amendola Will Play vs. Eagles
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Full Game Grades for Pats vs. Broncos
- Despite First Loss, Pats Still in Driver's Seat for AFC's No. 1 Seed
- Pats' Super Bowl Hopes May Hinge on Gronk's Status