Odrick a Dolphin
|04.22.10 at 10:35 pm ET|
The man projected to go the Patriots by WEEI.com is headed to the AFC East, but as a member of the Miami Dolphins. Penn State defensive tackle Jared Odrick, who has drawn comparisons to former Patriot and current Raider Richard Seymour, will play the five-technique in the Dolphins’ 3-4 system, which is the position that figures to suit him best. The 6-foot-5, 306-pound Odrick had 43 tackles and seven sacks as a senior.
Analysis: Good value, though I’m not sure the Dolphins wouldn’t have been better off by staying at No. 12 and taking Dan Williams to play nose tackle. Either way the defensive line is much improved.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England