Odrick a Dolphin
|04.22.10 at 10:35 pm ET|
The man projected to go the Patriots by WEEI.com is headed to the AFC East, but as a member of the Miami Dolphins. Penn State defensive tackle Jared Odrick, who has drawn comparisons to former Patriot and current Raider Richard Seymour, will play the five-technique in the Dolphins’ 3-4 system, which is the position that figures to suit him best. The 6-foot-5, 306-pound Odrick had 43 tackles and seven sacks as a senior.
Analysis: Good value, though I’m not sure the Dolphins wouldn’t have been better off by staying at No. 12 and taking Dan Williams to play nose tackle. Either way the defensive line is much improved.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class