Odrick a Dolphin
|04.22.10 at 10:35 pm ET|
The man projected to go the Patriots by WEEI.com is headed to the AFC East, but as a member of the Miami Dolphins. Penn State defensive tackle Jared Odrick, who has drawn comparisons to former Patriot and current Raider Richard Seymour, will play the five-technique in the Dolphins’ 3-4 system, which is the position that figures to suit him best. The 6-foot-5, 306-pound Odrick had 43 tackles and seven sacks as a senior.
Analysis: Good value, though I’m not sure the Dolphins wouldn’t have been better off by staying at No. 12 and taking Dan Williams to play nose tackle. Either way the defensive line is much improved.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades