Patriots trade with ‘Boys
|04.22.10 at 10:00 pm ET|
The Patriots have moved down again, trading the 24th pick to the Cowboys in a deal that will give New England the 27th and 90th pick and the Dallas Dez Bryant and No. 119.
The Patriots had two cracks at Bryant tonight but have traded the pick in both cases. Bryant was suspended last season for lying to the NCAA about his relationship with Deion Sanders. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound Bryant is the top receiving talent in the draft and had 19 touchdowns in 2008.
Analysis: Great trade for both teams. The Patriots obviously had no intentions of taking Bryant so picking up a third-rounder while only moving down five slots from their assigned selection of No. 22 is very smart.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples