Patriots trade with ‘Boys
|04.22.10 at 10:00 pm ET|
The Patriots have moved down again, trading the 24th pick to the Cowboys in a deal that will give New England the 27th and 90th pick and the Dallas Dez Bryant and No. 119.
The Patriots had two cracks at Bryant tonight but have traded the pick in both cases. Bryant was suspended last season for lying to the NCAA about his relationship with Deion Sanders. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound Bryant is the top receiving talent in the draft and had 19 touchdowns in 2008.
Analysis: Great trade for both teams. The Patriots obviously had no intentions of taking Bryant so picking up a third-rounder while only moving down five slots from their assigned selection of No. 22 is very smart.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick