Patriots trade with ‘Boys
|04.22.10 at 10:00 pm ET|
The Patriots have moved down again, trading the 24th pick to the Cowboys in a deal that will give New England the 27th and 90th pick and the Dallas Dez Bryant and No. 119.
The Patriots had two cracks at Bryant tonight but have traded the pick in both cases. Bryant was suspended last season for lying to the NCAA about his relationship with Deion Sanders. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound Bryant is the top receiving talent in the draft and had 19 touchdowns in 2008.
Analysis: Great trade for both teams. The Patriots obviously had no intentions of taking Bryant so picking up a third-rounder while only moving down five slots from their assigned selection of No. 22 is very smart.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England