Seahawks make easy pick of Okung
|04.22.10 at 8:16 pm ET|
Russell Okung has become the first pick of the Pete Carroll era in Seattle. The 6-foot-5, 307-pound Okung is versatile in that he has played both right and left tackle at Oklahoma State. Okung, who was rumored to be an option for the Lions with the second pick, was widely considered to be the top tackle in the draft before the Redskins chose Trent Williams at No. 4.
Analysis: The Oklahoma State left tackle will replace Walter Jones at left tackle and has Pro Bowl talent. There’s no way Pete Carroll was confident that Okung would fall to him when tweeting clues regarding the pick this afternoon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 11 Win
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury