Seahawks make easy pick of Okung
|04.22.10 at 8:16 pm ET|
Russell Okung has become the first pick of the Pete Carroll era in Seattle. The 6-foot-5, 307-pound Okung is versatile in that he has played both right and left tackle at Oklahoma State. Okung, who was rumored to be an option for the Lions with the second pick, was widely considered to be the top tackle in the draft before the Redskins chose Trent Williams at No. 4.
Analysis: The Oklahoma State left tackle will replace Walter Jones at left tackle and has Pro Bowl talent. There’s no way Pete Carroll was confident that Okung would fall to him when tweeting clues regarding the pick this afternoon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick