Seahawks make easy pick of Okung
|04.22.10 at 8:16 pm ET|
Russell Okung has become the first pick of the Pete Carroll era in Seattle. The 6-foot-5, 307-pound Okung is versatile in that he has played both right and left tackle at Oklahoma State. Okung, who was rumored to be an option for the Lions with the second pick, was widely considered to be the top tackle in the draft before the Redskins chose Trent Williams at No. 4.
Analysis: The Oklahoma State left tackle will replace Walter Jones at left tackle and has Pro Bowl talent. There’s no way Pete Carroll was confident that Okung would fall to him when tweeting clues regarding the pick this afternoon.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves
- Dobson Will Be in the Fight of His Life for a Roster Spot in 2016