Seahawks make easy pick of Okung
|04.22.10 at 8:16 pm ET|
Russell Okung has become the first pick of the Pete Carroll era in Seattle. The 6-foot-5, 307-pound Okung is versatile in that he has played both right and left tackle at Oklahoma State. Okung, who was rumored to be an option for the Lions with the second pick, was widely considered to be the top tackle in the draft before the Redskins chose Trent Williams at No. 4.
Analysis: The Oklahoma State left tackle will replace Walter Jones at left tackle and has Pro Bowl talent. There’s no way Pete Carroll was confident that Okung would fall to him when tweeting clues regarding the pick this afternoon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...