Suh to the Lions
|04.22.10 at 7:44 pm ET|
The temptation must have been there for the Lions to protect Matthew Stafford, but in the end Ndamukong Suh’s size and upside was too much to pass up.
Suh wasn’t the five-star recruit that Gerald McCoy was coming out of high school (he was, however, a four-star recruit), he had the superior stat sheet in college. His 12 sacks were double that of McCoy and his body is a little better-proportioned. In splitting hairs between the two defensive tackles, the Lions’ decision won’t be questioned when the defensive line sees immediate improvement. They had to overpay for Kyle Vanden Bosch but this pick turns a weakness into quite the strength.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England