Suh to the Lions
|04.22.10 at 7:44 pm ET|
The temptation must have been there for the Lions to protect Matthew Stafford, but in the end Ndamukong Suh’s size and upside was too much to pass up.
Suh wasn’t the five-star recruit that Gerald McCoy was coming out of high school (he was, however, a four-star recruit), he had the superior stat sheet in college. His 12 sacks were double that of McCoy and his body is a little better-proportioned. In splitting hairs between the two defensive tackles, the Lions’ decision won’t be questioned when the defensive line sees immediate improvement. They had to overpay for Kyle Vanden Bosch but this pick turns a weakness into quite the strength.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video