Suh to the Lions
|04.22.10 at 7:44 pm ET|
The temptation must have been there for the Lions to protect Matthew Stafford, but in the end Ndamukong Suh’s size and upside was too much to pass up.
Suh wasn’t the five-star recruit that Gerald McCoy was coming out of high school (he was, however, a four-star recruit), he had the superior stat sheet in college. His 12 sacks were double that of McCoy and his body is a little better-proportioned. In splitting hairs between the two defensive tackles, the Lions’ decision won’t be questioned when the defensive line sees immediate improvement. They had to overpay for Kyle Vanden Bosch but this pick turns a weakness into quite the strength.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know