Suh to the Lions
|04.22.10 at 7:44 pm ET|
The temptation must have been there for the Lions to protect Matthew Stafford, but in the end Ndamukong Suh’s size and upside was too much to pass up.
Suh wasn’t the five-star recruit that Gerald McCoy was coming out of high school (he was, however, a four-star recruit), he had the superior stat sheet in college. His 12 sacks were double that of McCoy and his body is a little better-proportioned. In splitting hairs between the two defensive tackles, the Lions’ decision won’t be questioned when the defensive line sees immediate improvement. They had to overpay for Kyle Vanden Bosch but this pick turns a weakness into quite the strength.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal