Suh to the Lions
|04.22.10 at 7:44 pm ET|
The temptation must have been there for the Lions to protect Matthew Stafford, but in the end Ndamukong Suh’s size and upside was too much to pass up.
Suh wasn’t the five-star recruit that Gerald McCoy was coming out of high school (he was, however, a four-star recruit), he had the superior stat sheet in college. His 12 sacks were double that of McCoy and his body is a little better-proportioned. In splitting hairs between the two defensive tackles, the Lions’ decision won’t be questioned when the defensive line sees immediate improvement. They had to overpay for Kyle Vanden Bosch but this pick turns a weakness into quite the strength.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Despite First Loss, Pats Still in Driver's Seat for AFC's No. 1 Seed
- Pats' Super Bowl Hopes May Hinge on Gronk's Status
- Gronk Carted off with Knee Injury
- Brady Ties Marino on All-Time Passing TD List
- Pats Game Plan for Broncos Game
- Patriots Week 12 Stock Report