NFL draft news: 2 p.m.
|04.23.10 at 2:51 pm ET|
WEEI.com is keeping you updated all day Friday on the latest NFL draft news leading up to the second day of the draft at 6 p.m. Here is the latest from the 2 p.m. hour.
Here is DJ Bean’s second-round mock.
The biggest story of the second round will be the landing spot for Jimmy Clausen. After the former Notre Dame quarterback’s Brady Quinn-like (or, if you prefer it, Aaron Rodgers-esque) freefall, Clausen was not picked in the first round. Here are some of the likely landing spots for Clausen in the second round.
Speaking of Clausen, ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the Rams might be interested in trading away the 33rd pick, or the first pick of the second round. Could a team be moving up for Clausen?
Jerry Jones is insisting that the Dallas Cowboys‘ pick of Dez Bryant had nothing to do with his decision to pass on Randy Moss in the 1998 draft. But if Jones is haunted by that decision, Cowboys opponents might be haunted by images of Bryant doing his best Michael Irvin impression after the Cowboys gave the ’88’ jersey worn by the Hall of Famer as well as 1970’s stalwart Drew Pearson to their new receiver.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied