NFL draft news: 4 p.m.
|04.23.10 at 3:53 pm ET|
One of the bigger stories from round one was the absence of Texas linebacker Sergio Kindle. Many thought that the Patriots would be interested in the former Longhorn, but now it looks like his slide could continue. ESPN’s Adam Schefter confirmed that medical issues are causing a number of teams to second-guess Kindle’s draft status.
We talked about Jimmy Clausen’s shocking fall out of the first round earlier, but how long will he continue to wait on Friday? There is some sentiment that it could be awhile. And while WEEI’s DJ Bean has Clausen going to the Minnesota Vikings at No. 34, other mocks have him enduring an extended wait on Friday as well. With the news reported earlier the Rams are likely to trade the top pick in the second round, the question will be whether a team is trading up for Clausen or not. There is even some chatter that Colt McCoy could be the target at No. 33. Clausen talked with ESPN about waiting to be drafted.
More discussion about some of the best potential value picks in Round 2. There still is plenty of talent left on both the offensive and defensive line, but look for more skill players to go as well.
In Peter King’s recap of Round 1 and preview of Day 2, he talked to Jaguars GM Gene Smith about the apparent reach for Tyson Alualu. Though King reported that one scout said it was so “stunning “that he “almost fell out of [his] chair,” Smith vigorously defending the decision.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots