Patriots take Jermaine Cunningham at No. 53
|04.23.10 at 7:43 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Florida defensive end Jermaine Cunningham is the pick for the Patriots at No. 53. The 6-foot-3, 266-pound Cunningham figures to be an outside linebacker in the Patriots’ 3-4. In four years at Florida, Cunningham had 33 tackles for losses and 18.5 sacks.
Cunningham has off-the-field issues, as he was arrested back in December of ’07 for attacking a restaurant employee after being told he had to pay for a bag of chips. A quadriceps strain kept him from working out at the Combine or Florida’s Pro Day.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...