The latest NFL draft news: 1 p.m.
|04.23.10 at 1:31 pm ET|
NFL draft news at the one o’clock hour.
Newest Patriot Devin McCourty was surprised that he was picked in the first round. The pick left more than a few fans scratching their heads, with the likes of Sergio Kindle and Jared Odrick still on the board.
Still, no fanbase is more confused Friday than the people in Jacksonville. Some people are trying to keep Jaguars’ fans from going crazy over the team’s reaching for Tyson Alualu at No. 10, but the truth is that more people in Jacksonville seem upset about the team not drafting local legend Tim Tebow.
You might have missed it, but Oklahoma tackle Trent Williams received a unique introduction from Roger Goodell when he was picked by the Redskins at No. 4. Here is the story behind his unique nickname, Silverback.
Bill Belichick disciple and former Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels made arguably the most shocking pick of the day, trading a plethora of picks to move up and select Tebow at No. 25. While the pick, and the trade, is being second-guessed by many, at least one person in Denver is on board: Woody Paige.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied