Report: Hernandez failed drug tests as a collegian
|04.27.10 at 1:03 am ET|
Tight end Aaron Hernandez failed “multiple drug tests” while playing for the University of Florida, according to a Boston.com story that quotes a league source. Hernandez, who was selected in the fourth round of the NFL draft by the Patriots, had been considered a second-round talent but apparently slipped down draft boards because of the failed tests. Hernandez did pass his drug test at the combine in February, the source said, which means he won’t be entered in to the league substance-abuse program.
Hernandez is a 6-foot-2, 250-pound tight end who led Florida in receptions last year with 68 catches for 850 yards and five touchdowns last season with the Gators. For his collegiate career, Hernandez had 111 catches for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England