Report: Hernandez failed drug tests as a collegian
|04.27.10 at 1:03 am ET|
Tight end Aaron Hernandez failed “multiple drug tests” while playing for the University of Florida, according to a Boston.com story that quotes a league source. Hernandez, who was selected in the fourth round of the NFL draft by the Patriots, had been considered a second-round talent but apparently slipped down draft boards because of the failed tests. Hernandez did pass his drug test at the combine in February, the source said, which means he won’t be entered in to the league substance-abuse program.
Hernandez is a 6-foot-2, 250-pound tight end who led Florida in receptions last year with 68 catches for 850 yards and five touchdowns last season with the Gators. For his collegiate career, Hernandez had 111 catches for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Stats the Patriots Must Improve in 2014
- Cuts That Could Create Serious Cap Space for Pats
- Bargain Guide to Patriots' Offseason
- State of the Patriots at Start of 2014 Offseason
- Patriots 2014 Mock Draft with Scouting Profiles
- Manning Deserves Appreciation in Patriot Nation
- Patriots' Initial 2014 Draft Big Board