Report: Mankins will be a no-show for OTA’s
|05.24.10 at 9:13 pm ET|
Pro Bowl left guard Logan Mankins won’t attend voluntary organized team activities with the Patriots over the next month without a new contract, his agent told Comcast Sports Net on Monday. Mankins’ agent Frank Bauer said Mankins would not be in attendance, and added that no progress was being made at this time on a new deal.
A Fresno State product who was taken in the first round of the 2005 draft, Mankins signed a five-year deal as a rookie, and was slated to become a free agent. However, with the change in the labor situation ‘ players with four and five years of experience reverted to restricted free agent status ‘ Mankins was instead tendered a one-year deal at $3.26 million by New England.
Technically, the OTA’s are voluntary, and because Mankins has yet to sign his tender, Mankins is under no obligation to attend.
The big day to keep in mind for Mankins’ deal is June 15 ‘ the first scheduled day of the Patriots’ mandatory minicamp. If he hasn’t signed the deal by then, New England can drop his RFA tender to 110 percent of last year’s salary ($1.5 million).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...