|Report: Mankins will be a no-show for OTA’s||05.24.10 at 9:13 pm ET|
Pro Bowl left guard Logan Mankins won’t attend voluntary organized team activities with the Patriots over the next month without a new contract, his agent told Comcast Sports Net on Monday. Mankins’ agent Frank Bauer said Mankins would not be in attendance, and added that no progress was being made at this time on a new deal.
A Fresno State product who was taken in the first round of the 2005 draft, Mankins signed a five-year deal as a rookie, and was slated to become a free agent. However, with the change in the labor situation — players with four and five years of experience reverted to restricted free agent status — Mankins was instead tendered a one-year deal at $3.26 million by New England.
Technically, the OTA’s are voluntary, and because Mankins has yet to sign his tender, Mankins is under no obligation to attend.
The big day to keep in mind for Mankins’ deal is June 15 — the first scheduled day of the Patriots’ mandatory minicamp. If he hasn’t signed the deal by then, New England can drop his RFA tender to 110 percent of last year’s salary ($1.5 million).
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick
- On Kyle Love
- Dwight Freeney's Dad Wants Him To Play For The Patriots