A great way to follow Pats’ draft pick contract info
|06.01.10 at 2:52 pm ET|
We’ve posted a few blog entries on the Patriots‘ rookie class and its contract situation (check out the latest one here), and we’ve taken a look at the two deals that have been signed (third-round pick Taylor Price and sixth-round choice Ted Larsen) while taking an educated guess as to what the rest of the draft picks could expect this year in the way of contracts.
But Miguel Benzan has managed to put together an impressive breakdown of what each of the 12 draft picks should be expecting. Benzan is the genius behind patscap.com (a site that should be a bookmark for any self-respecting Patriots’ fan), so his numbers are worth taking a look at.
‘I have done the same chart the past several years,’ Benzan said in an e-mail. ‘The impetus this year was reading that [Taylor] Price‘s contract was worth $3.35 million. I am willing to bet that it is only true if he reaches the escalator that will increase his 2013 salary to the low RFA tender level.’
Benzan breaks down several salary elements, including base salary, signing bonus and the overall cap hit. In addition, there’s a list of the players taken at that same slot last year and what they received. As more and more players’ get closer to signing, it’s a great resource that’s well-worth keeping an eye on. (You can also follow Miguel on Twitter at twitter.com/patscap.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38