Source: WR Owens works out for Patriots
|06.03.10 at 12:09 pm ET|
According to a league source, the Patriots had Rod Owens in for a workout Thursday morning. Owens, a 6-foot-1, 186-pound wide receiver, led Florida State with 61 catches for 729 yards and three touchdowns last season. A 23-year-old, he was released late last month by St. Louis.
Described by FSU coach Bobby Bowden as “probably [the] steadiest receiver” on the 2009 Seminole team, Owens started his collegiate career slowly, pulling down a combined 30 catches in his first three collegiate seasons with Florida State. His breakout came last year, a season that included a 9-catch, 199-yard performance in an October win over North Carolina. (Local college football fans might remember him for his effort against Boston College, when he had five catches for 62 yards in an October loss to the Eagles at The Heights.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...
- Tyler Gaffney Released by New England Patriots
- Tom Brady Issues Statement on Recovery of Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey
- Video of Alleged Suspect Stealing Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Jersey Aired...