Source: WR Owens works out for Patriots
|06.03.10 at 12:09 pm ET|
According to a league source, the Patriots had Rod Owens in for a workout Thursday morning. Owens, a 6-foot-1, 186-pound wide receiver, led Florida State with 61 catches for 729 yards and three touchdowns last season. A 23-year-old, he was released late last month by St. Louis.
Described by FSU coach Bobby Bowden as “probably [the] steadiest receiver” on the 2009 Seminole team, Owens started his collegiate career slowly, pulling down a combined 30 catches in his first three collegiate seasons with Florida State. His breakout came last year, a season that included a 9-catch, 199-yard performance in an October win over North Carolina. (Local college football fans might remember him for his effort against Boston College, when he had five catches for 62 yards in an October loss to the Eagles at The Heights.)
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?