Source: WR Owens works out for Patriots
|06.03.10 at 12:09 pm ET|
According to a league source, the Patriots had Rod Owens in for a workout Thursday morning. Owens, a 6-foot-1, 186-pound wide receiver, led Florida State with 61 catches for 729 yards and three touchdowns last season. A 23-year-old, he was released late last month by St. Louis.
Described by FSU coach Bobby Bowden as “probably [the] steadiest receiver” on the 2009 Seminole team, Owens started his collegiate career slowly, pulling down a combined 30 catches in his first three collegiate seasons with Florida State. His breakout came last year, a season that included a 9-catch, 199-yard performance in an October win over North Carolina. (Local college football fans might remember him for his effort against Boston College, when he had five catches for 62 yards in an October loss to the Eagles at The Heights.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...