A few quick notes on Monday’s OTA
|06.07.10 at 1:27 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Like the headline says, a few quick notes on the Patriots Monday morning OTA session:
‘¢The following players were not spotted: wide receiver Taylor Price, cornerback Leigh Bodden, safety Brandon McGowan, defensive lineman Kade Weston, offensive lineman Logan Mankins, offensive tackle Nick Kaczur, tight end Aaron Hernandez and defensive lineman Ty Warren. Safety Pat Chung was wearing a non-contact jersey. (He later jokingly referred to the jersey as a “fashion statement.”)
‘¢Wes Welker was again in attendance, and went through all of the introductory drills at the start of the session. (Thirty minutes into the practice, Welker retreated to the Field House. He popped out toward the end of practice and spoke with reporters for just over four minutes.) While he was on the field, Welker looked sharp, making a series of nice cuts and not dropping any passes his way (none that we could see, anyway).
‘¢Offensive lineman George Bussey took an early penalty lap for jumping offsides, while tight end Rob Gronkowski incurred the wrath of de facto offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien for another infraction. (The rookie got a tongue-lashing and a penalty lap for his troubles.)
‘¢Late in practice, cornerback Darius Butler had a nice interception of a pass meant for wide receiver Julian Edelman. And shortly after that, backup quarterback Brian Hoyer and wide receiver Darnell Jenkins just missed on a long-distance connection.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL