Drew Bledsoe believes he could help combat the Gulf oil spill
|06.14.10 at 10:34 pm ET|
Here’s something I never thought I’d write: Former Patriots quarterback Drew Bledsoe says he thinks he has a solution to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
According to this story in the Dallas Morning News, Bledsoe, who played in New England from 1993 until 2001, is an investor in Ecosphere Technologies’ Ozonix water treatment system with former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman. It’s a system Bledsoe says the system separates oil from water, and would allow BP to reuse the oil that’s been spilled into the Gulf.
‘We can be on site within 72 hours, cleaning water,’ Bledsoe said.
‘This is not technology sitting on the shelf waiting for a disaster,’ Bledsoe added. ‘This is technology out in the field satisfying contracts for well over a year, so it’s proven. … When you watch it, it is magic seeing dirty, nasty water go in one end and then crystal, clean water out the other end.’
According to the Morning News, Ecosphere has had meetings recently with BP, and Aikman and Bledsoe were part of a news conference this week in Louisiana with ocean explorer Jean-Michel Cousteau.
‘That region has been through a tough period with Katrina and now this coming in fairly rapid succession,’ Bledsoe said. ‘You get the sense down there that people are resilient and going to fight through it, but they’ve been knocked down hard a couple times. We can bring jobs to the area, but also help clean up the ecosystem so hopefully the fishing, shrimping and all of the other businesses can begin again as well.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL