Get ready for the return of Pat Patriot
|06.22.10 at 1:27 am ET|
It looks like the Patriots’ are going to break out the vintage threads on at least two occasions in 2010.
The team Tweeted Monday that it’ll wear the throwbacks for the Halloween game at home against the Vikings on Oct. 31. In addition, it’s believed New England will also wear them on the road, possibly for the Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit. (UPDATE: Tuesday, 10:22 am: The Patriots confirmed that they will also wear the throwbacks for the Lions game.)
These are going to be different than the old AFL unis the team wore in 2009 in honor of the 50th anniversary of the American Football League. Instead, these will be the same red and white uniforms the team wore in the 1970s and 1980s. (Incidentally, the last time the Patriots wore that style of throwback was for a Thanksgiving Day clash against the Lions in Detroit in 2002.)
Reports also indicate the Patriots have ditched the silver “alternate” jerseys. For what it’s worth, still no word on whatever happened to the blue shirt/blue pants combination the Patriots also rocked for two games back in 2002. Perhaps the back-to-back losses had something to do with why those were gone so quickly. (A uniform the esteemed Paul Lukas of “Uniwatch” fame described as a “misbegotten freak” of a look.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...