Bruschi’s annual football clinic set for Thursday at Gillette
|06.23.10 at 4:52 pm ET|
While the Patriots make it standard operating procedure to have their players engaged in some sort of community service, there are plenty of players who go above and beyond when it comes to giving back to the community. As a player, Tedy Bruschi was one of those guys.
And even after the linebacker has retired, he’s still doing his part. For the third straight year, Bruschi is teaming up with SBLI for the Annual Youth Football Clinic Thursday afternoon at Gillette Stadium.
For the one-day camp, 54 lucky kids learn from Bruschi and some guest coaches. But that’s not the coolest part. According to the press release, the day includes getting changed in the locker room, getting the game plan from Bruschi himself, an introduction onto the field over a PA system ‘ where the kids will run down the tunnel and through the giant Patriots helmet onto the field. Then, they’ll all participate in on-field stretching and drills with Bruschi and some friends.
The lucky children were chosen via an essay contest in partnership with Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and the Boston Public Schools. (The children were asked to talk about their game plan for being healthy and doing their best in school.) Joining Bruschi will be some special guest coaches, as well as BC linebacker and cancer survivor Mark Herzlich.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brissett Is Patriots' Most Important Rookie
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension