Bruschi’s annual football clinic set for Thursday at Gillette
|06.23.10 at 4:52 pm ET|
While the Patriots make it standard operating procedure to have their players engaged in some sort of community service, there are plenty of players who go above and beyond when it comes to giving back to the community. As a player, Tedy Bruschi was one of those guys.
And even after the linebacker has retired, he’s still doing his part. For the third straight year, Bruschi is teaming up with SBLI for the Annual Youth Football Clinic Thursday afternoon at Gillette Stadium.
For the one-day camp, 54 lucky kids learn from Bruschi and some guest coaches. But that’s not the coolest part. According to the press release, the day includes getting changed in the locker room, getting the game plan from Bruschi himself, an introduction onto the field over a PA system ‘ where the kids will run down the tunnel and through the giant Patriots helmet onto the field. Then, they’ll all participate in on-field stretching and drills with Bruschi and some friends.
The lucky children were chosen via an essay contest in partnership with Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and the Boston Public Schools. (The children were asked to talk about their game plan for being healthy and doing their best in school.) Joining Bruschi will be some special guest coaches, as well as BC linebacker and cancer survivor Mark Herzlich.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction