Chad Jackson looking for fresh start with Buffalo
|06.28.10 at 4:44 pm ET|
Former Patriots wide receiver Chad Jackson is with Buffalo, attempting to jumpstart a career that has sputtered since he entered the league as a much-ballyhooed pass-catcher out of Florida.
Jackson, New England’s second-round pick in 2006, began his Patriots’ career with much fanfare ‘ especially after New England traded up 16 spots to land him that spring. But Jackson fought through hamstring and groin problems in his rookie year in New England, which limited him to 13 catches for 152 yards and three touchdowns.
After tearing his ACL in the 2006 AFC Championship Game, Jackson only played in two games the following season before being released prior to the start of the 2008 season. He spent four games with Denver in 2008, but was out of the game for all of 2009.
Now, he’s looking for a new start with the Bills. In a story with ESPN.com ace reporter Tim Graham, Jackson says there’s only one thing he would do differently when it came to his experience with the Patriots.
‘Not get hurt,’ he said with a laugh (a statement he made several times while he was in the final stages of his career with New England ‘ scroll down for his thoughts in this story). ‘When I got hurt, I fell back. I tore my ACL. I hurt my hamstring. Then they brought Randy Moss and Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth and all those guys in. I was put on the backburner. I’m just trying to make up for lost time now.’
As for thoughts that he wasn’t cut out for life with the Patriots, Jackson said that characterization is unfair.
‘There’s two sides to every story,’ Jackson said. ‘I won’t get into all that. But I had my opportunity, and I didn’t take full advantage of it.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...