Patriots sign Deaderick
|07.09.10 at 3:12 pm ET|
Multiple reports indicate the Patriots have signed seventh-round pick Brandon Deaderick to a four-year contract. (UPDATE, 4:44 pm: Sources have confirmed that Deaderick has indeed signed a four-year deal with New England.) In his four-year career with Alabama, the 6-foot-4, 287-pound Deaderick started 31 of 44 career games, and accumulated 82 total tackles and 8.0 sacks.
Deaderick was taken 247th overall, one of three seventh-round picks by the Patriots. His deal is reportedly worth $1.83 million dollars, and included a signing bonus of just over $40,000. He is the sixth member of New England’s 2010 draft class to sign a contract.
The news was first reported by Mac’s Football Blog.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie