TO: I’d ‘definitely be open’ to playing for Patriots
|07.14.10 at 11:30 am ET|
Wide receiver Terrell Owens said Wednesday morning he’d “definitely be open” to playing for the Patriots. The 36-year-old wide receiver, currently a free agent, told WJMN Radio he’d welcome an opportunity to play in New England.
“I’d definitely be open to that,” said Owens, who played with the Bills last season and caught 55 passes for 829 yards and five touchdowns.
Owens addressed his critics who believe he’d need to catch a certain amount of passes to be satisfied, saying he’d be like LeBron James and take a lesser role and less money in an attempt to make it work with the Patriots.
“People think that they have that perception about me. Of course. Any receiver … what receiver that’s out there that’s had great stats, great careers that didn’t want the ball? I’m no different,” Owens said. “But of course — I mean, you’ve got Brady there. You’ve got the great mind, coach Belichick.
“I’m like LeBron. I can go there and take less of a role, take less money and put everything aside and make it work.”
In his 14-year career, Owens has been a lightning rod for controversy, seemingly making an annual habit of calling out teammates, ex-teammates and coaches alike. But playing for San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas and Buffalo, he’s been a six-time Pro Bowler who’s managed to catch 1,006 career passes for 14,951 yards and 144 touchdowns.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...
- New England Patriots Links 6/17/13 - Leon Washington Hopes to Contribute...
- New England Patriots Links 6/14/13 - WRs: It's Amendola, Everyone Else
- New England Patriots Links 6/13/13 - Don't Expect Tom-Tim Tag Team