Patriots sign two seventh-round picks
|07.21.10 at 4:00 pm ET|
The Patriots announced the signing of two more players this afternoon, seventh-round picks Kade Weston (defensive lineman) and Zac Robinson (quarterback). Weston, a defensive lineman from Georgia, was selected by the Patriots in the seventh round of the 2010 draft with the 248th selection overall, while Robinson, a quarterback from Oklahoma State, was selected by the Patriots 250th overall.
Weston, 6-foot-5, 315 pounds, played in 48 career games with 20 starts at Georgia and finished with 78 total tackles and four sacks. Robinson, 6-foot-3, 218 pounds, became the starter after the second game of his sophomore season in 2007 and finished his career as the all-time leader in passing and total offense, amassing 10,175 yards in total offense and 8,317 passing yards.
Weston and Robinson are the seventh and eighth members of New England’s 12 2010 draft choices to sign with the team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft: Deflategate Most Overblown Story
- Malcolm Butler Went from One-Play Wonder to Starter
- Roster Projections for New England Patriots
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report