Pats officially announce signings of Cunningham, Gronkowski
|07.25.10 at 7:16 pm ET|
The Patriots made it official moments ago, announcing the signings of second-round draft picks Rob Gronkowski and defensive end/linebacker Jermaine Cunningham. Here’s the text of the announcement made by the team:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. ‘ The New England Patriots announced today the signing of second-round draft choices TE Rob Gronkowski and DL Jermaine Cunningham. Terms of the contracts were not disclosed. Gronkowski and Cunningham are the ninth and tenth members of New England’s 12 2010 draft choices to sign with the team.
Gronkowski, a tight end from Arizona, was selected by the Patriots in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft with the 42nd selection overall.
Cunningham, a defensive lineman from Florida, was selected by the Patriots in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft with the 53rd selection overall.
Gronkowski, 6-6, 265 pounds, shattered all of Arizona’s receiving records for tight ends in just 22 games. In two seasons at Arizona, Gronkowski registered more receptions (75), receiving Yards (1,197) and touchdowns (16) than any other tight end in school history.
Cunningham, 6-3, 260 pounds, was a three-year starter at Florida and finished his college career tied for tenth in school history with 19.5 sacks. He started 38 of 45 games and finished with 152 total tackles, one fumble recovery and five forced fumbles.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return