Report: New deal for Brady, Pats ‘within reach’
|07.25.10 at 11:21 pm ET|
The Patriots and Tom Brady have had “ongoing dialogue” regarding a new deal for the quarterback, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
In a story published on Sunday night, Schefter reports that a contract extension for Brady ‘ who is entering the final year of his current deal ‘ is now “within reach,” and seems to suggest that it’s not a matter of if a deal will get done to keep the quarterback in New England, but when.
In addition, Schefter writes that the only reason a contract wouldn’t get done would be “primarily because of how complex the contract is and how difficult it is to complete it without knowing the specifics of the NFL’s next collective bargaining agreement.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal