Report: New deal for Brady, Pats ‘within reach’
|07.25.10 at 11:21 pm ET|
The Patriots and Tom Brady have had “ongoing dialogue” regarding a new deal for the quarterback, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
In a story published on Sunday night, Schefter reports that a contract extension for Brady ‘ who is entering the final year of his current deal ‘ is now “within reach,” and seems to suggest that it’s not a matter of if a deal will get done to keep the quarterback in New England, but when.
In addition, Schefter writes that the only reason a contract wouldn’t get done would be “primarily because of how complex the contract is and how difficult it is to complete it without knowing the specifics of the NFL’s next collective bargaining agreement.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty