Report: New deal for Brady, Pats ‘within reach’
|07.25.10 at 11:21 pm ET|
The Patriots and Tom Brady have had “ongoing dialogue” regarding a new deal for the quarterback, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
In a story published on Sunday night, Schefter reports that a contract extension for Brady ‘ who is entering the final year of his current deal ‘ is now “within reach,” and seems to suggest that it’s not a matter of if a deal will get done to keep the quarterback in New England, but when.
In addition, Schefter writes that the only reason a contract wouldn’t get done would be “primarily because of how complex the contract is and how difficult it is to complete it without knowing the specifics of the NFL’s next collective bargaining agreement.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick