Report: New deal for Brady, Pats ‘within reach’
|07.25.10 at 11:21 pm ET|
The Patriots and Tom Brady have had “ongoing dialogue” regarding a new deal for the quarterback, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
In a story published on Sunday night, Schefter reports that a contract extension for Brady ‘ who is entering the final year of his current deal ‘ is now “within reach,” and seems to suggest that it’s not a matter of if a deal will get done to keep the quarterback in New England, but when.
In addition, Schefter writes that the only reason a contract wouldn’t get done would be “primarily because of how complex the contract is and how difficult it is to complete it without knowing the specifics of the NFL’s next collective bargaining agreement.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England