Report: New deal for Brady, Pats ‘within reach’
|07.25.10 at 11:21 pm ET|
The Patriots and Tom Brady have had “ongoing dialogue” regarding a new deal for the quarterback, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
In a story published on Sunday night, Schefter reports that a contract extension for Brady ‘ who is entering the final year of his current deal ‘ is now “within reach,” and seems to suggest that it’s not a matter of if a deal will get done to keep the quarterback in New England, but when.
In addition, Schefter writes that the only reason a contract wouldn’t get done would be “primarily because of how complex the contract is and how difficult it is to complete it without knowing the specifics of the NFL’s next collective bargaining agreement.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know