Reports: Gronkowski signs four-year deal
|07.25.10 at 11:27 am ET|
According to multiple outlets, the Patriots have signed second-round pick Rob Gronkowski to a reported four-year, $4.44 million contract. (The news was first reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter.)
In his collegiate career (22 games) with Arizona, the 6-foot-6, 258-pounder finished with 75 receptions, 1,197 receiving yards (15.9 yards per catch) and 16 touchdowns. A back injury caused Gronkowski to miss the entire 2009 season, and he decided to jump into the 2010 draft.
Gronkowski will join a crowded picture at tight end, a group that includes fellow rookie Aaron Hernandez and newly acquired veteran Alge Crumpler.
With the rookie portion of training camp set to open Sunday morning, the Patriots’ other second round pick, linebacker Brandon Spikes, remains unsigned, as does first-round selection Devin McCourty.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick