Statement from Pats on signing of McCourty and release of Crable
|07.28.10 at 4:48 pm ET|
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. ‘ The New England Patriots announced today the signing of first-round draft choice CB Devin McCourty. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. In addition, the team announced that they have released LB Shawn Crable.
McCourty, a defensive back from Rutgers, was selected by the Patriots in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft with the 27th selection overall.
McCourty, 5-10, 193 pounds, started the last 39 games of his college career at cornerback and recorded 238 tackles, two forced fumbles, five fumble recoveries and intercepted six passes with two returned for touchdowns. He also blocked seven kicks (six punts and one field goal), scored on a 98-yard kickoff return and recorded 49 special teams tackles.
Crable, 6-5, 250 pounds, was originally drafted by the Patriots in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft out of Michigan. He was inactive for the first eight game of the 2008 season before finishing the year on injured reserve. He was injured during the preseason last year and spent the season on injured reserve.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...