Report: Burgess pondering retirement
|07.29.10 at 1:37 pm ET|
Patriots outside linebacker Derrick Burgess is considering retirement, according to a report from ESPN. Burgess, who had five sacks last year in his first season with New England, was not present for the first training camp workout on Thursday morning. The 31-year-old signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the offseason with the Patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?