Rodney blasts Favre
|08.04.10 at 12:55 pm ET|
Former Patriots defensive back Rodney Harrison ripped Brett Favre on Wednesday, saying the quarterback ‘loves the media attention’ that comes with his annual decision about whether or not to return to the NFL for another season.
Speaking on the Dan Patrick Show, Harrison, who has blasted Favre before, said he’s never understood the veteran quarterback, and added that ‘guys who really have class’ like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning would never put their teammates through the drama.
‘You get to a point at 40 years old that you know exactly what you want to do ‘ if you want to play football or not,’ Harrison said. ‘And that’s why I’ve been critical of this guy. Because it’s so unfair to your teammates, it’s unfair to your coaches, it’s unfair to the city, the organization that you keep leaving people hung out to dry like that.
‘I’ve never understood Brett Favre. I just think he loves the media attention. At 40 years old, you know if you want to grind through an 18-week season.
‘If I was a teammate of his, I’d probably be a little ticked off he’s not in training camp.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick