Banta-Cain on D&H: ‘I respect any decision’ by Burgess
|08.05.10 at 11:51 am ET|
Patriots linebacker Tully Banta-Cain joined the Dale & Holley show Thursday morning for a brief interview in between the morning and afternoon sessions at training camp in Foxboro. To hear the interview, visit the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
Asked about fellow linebacker Derrick Burgess, who has yet to show up at camp or announce his future plans, Banta-Cain offered his support.
“I haven’t spoken with him,” Banta-Cain said. “I don’t want to talk him into or out of anything. I think he’s at a point of his career that I respect any decision that he makes and I support it. It’s tough to play in the league as long as he has played. If he wants to hang it up, he deserves to do it. If not, it would be great to have him back out here. But I respect it either way.”
Asked about concerns with the Patriots’ ability to pressure the passer, Banta-Cain said there is hope with the younger players. “I think the guys that we have I’m confident in,” he said. “There’s obviously guys that are lacking the experience because they haven’t had the opportunities. But there are guys that are well more than capable of getting to the quarterback and getting the job done. It’s just a matter of getting experience and more opportunities to get better at what they do.”
Asked about the possibility of former Bills defensive end Aaron Schobel coming to New England, Banta-Cain said: “I’m welcome to the idea, but I’m happy with the guys we have now.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions