Banta-Cain on D&H: ‘I respect any decision’ by Burgess
|08.05.10 at 11:51 am ET|
Patriots linebacker Tully Banta-Cain joined the Dale & Holley show Thursday morning for a brief interview in between the morning and afternoon sessions at training camp in Foxboro. To hear the interview, visit the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
Asked about fellow linebacker Derrick Burgess, who has yet to show up at camp or announce his future plans, Banta-Cain offered his support.
“I haven’t spoken with him,” Banta-Cain said. “I don’t want to talk him into or out of anything. I think he’s at a point of his career that I respect any decision that he makes and I support it. It’s tough to play in the league as long as he has played. If he wants to hang it up, he deserves to do it. If not, it would be great to have him back out here. But I respect it either way.”
Asked about concerns with the Patriots’ ability to pressure the passer, Banta-Cain said there is hope with the younger players. “I think the guys that we have I’m confident in,” he said. “There’s obviously guys that are lacking the experience because they haven’t had the opportunities. But there are guys that are well more than capable of getting to the quarterback and getting the job done. It’s just a matter of getting experience and more opportunities to get better at what they do.”
Asked about the possibility of former Bills defensive end Aaron Schobel coming to New England, Banta-Cain said: “I’m welcome to the idea, but I’m happy with the guys we have now.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty