Chung on D&H: ‘Long way to go’
|08.05.10 at 12:12 pm ET|
Patriots second-year safety Patrick Chung joined the Dale & Holley show Thursday from training camp in Foxboro. To hear the interview, visit the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
In being careful not say anything to get him in trouble with his teammates or coaching staff, Chung talked about what he needs to learn as he begins his second training camp as a pro. “Last year I didn’t know anything,” he said. “I’ve still got a long way to go. I have not made it, so I’m still working. … I leave that to Bill [Belichick] to teach me all that stuff.”
Chung was most passionate when talking about special teams. “I love special teams,” he said. “That’s all on [assistant coach Scott O'Brien] — wherever he wants to put me, he can put me, I’ll play it. It’s a legalized 40-yard fistfight. … The person that crosses the line is trying to beat you and you’re trying to beat them. Any chance you get in a legalized fight, then that’s fine.”
Asked about fellow defensive back Brandon Meriweather, Chung said: “He’s intense, man. He’s very intense. But our whole secondary is intense. [Assistant coach] Corwin [Brown] puts that in us, also, He makes sure we’re on top of our stuff, and we make sure we’re on top of our stuff. We all communicate so we can play fast-paced and play intense and play good.”
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?
- Turning Heel