Chung on D&H: ‘Long way to go’
|08.05.10 at 12:12 pm ET|
In being careful not say anything to get him in trouble with his teammates or coaching staff, Chung talked about what he needs to learn as he begins his second training camp as a pro. “Last year I didn’t know anything,” he said. “I’ve still got a long way to go. I have not made it, so I’m still working. … I leave that to Bill [Belichick] to teach me all that stuff.”
Chung was most passionate when talking about special teams. “I love special teams,” he said. “That’s all on [assistant coach Scott O’Brien] ‘ wherever he wants to put me, he can put me, I’ll play it. It’s a legalized 40-yard fistfight. … The person that crosses the line is trying to beat you and you’re trying to beat them. Any chance you get in a legalized fight, then that’s fine.”
Asked about fellow defensive back Brandon Meriweather, Chung said: “He’s intense, man. He’s very intense. But our whole secondary is intense. [Assistant coach] Corwin [Brown] puts that in us, also, He makes sure we’re on top of our stuff, and we make sure we’re on top of our stuff. We all communicate so we can play fast-paced and play intense and play good.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...