Chung on D&H: ‘Long way to go’
|08.05.10 at 12:12 pm ET|
In being careful not say anything to get him in trouble with his teammates or coaching staff, Chung talked about what he needs to learn as he begins his second training camp as a pro. “Last year I didn’t know anything,” he said. “I’ve still got a long way to go. I have not made it, so I’m still working. … I leave that to Bill [Belichick] to teach me all that stuff.”
Chung was most passionate when talking about special teams. “I love special teams,” he said. “That’s all on [assistant coach Scott O’Brien] ‘ wherever he wants to put me, he can put me, I’ll play it. It’s a legalized 40-yard fistfight. … The person that crosses the line is trying to beat you and you’re trying to beat them. Any chance you get in a legalized fight, then that’s fine.”
Asked about fellow defensive back Brandon Meriweather, Chung said: “He’s intense, man. He’s very intense. But our whole secondary is intense. [Assistant coach] Corwin [Brown] puts that in us, also, He makes sure we’re on top of our stuff, and we make sure we’re on top of our stuff. We all communicate so we can play fast-paced and play intense and play good.”
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...