Welker’s status for preseason opener still up in the air
|08.11.10 at 12:31 pm ET|
“We’ll see how it goes yesterday and today and make a decision on that,” Belichick said during his Wednesday morning press conference prior to the third of three joint practices with the Saints. “I don’t know. I’m not saying he will. I’m not saying he won’t. We’ll evaluate it and see.”
Welker, who suffered a left knee injury in last year’s regular-season finale, has been rehabbing throughout the spring and summer in an attempt to return to the field. He says sometimes he feels himself getting better, and some days, not so much.
“Some days I do and some days I don’t,” he said. “I think as long as I’m out here and am able to make those same movements, it helps in the long run.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return