Welker’s status for preseason opener still up in the air
|08.11.10 at 12:31 pm ET|
“We’ll see how it goes yesterday and today and make a decision on that,” Belichick said during his Wednesday morning press conference prior to the third of three joint practices with the Saints. “I don’t know. I’m not saying he will. I’m not saying he won’t. We’ll evaluate it and see.”
Welker, who suffered a left knee injury in last year’s regular-season finale, has been rehabbing throughout the spring and summer in an attempt to return to the field. He says sometimes he feels himself getting better, and some days, not so much.
“Some days I do and some days I don’t,” he said. “I think as long as I’m out here and am able to make those same movements, it helps in the long run.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty