Welker’s status for preseason opener still up in the air
|08.11.10 at 12:31 pm ET|
“We’ll see how it goes yesterday and today and make a decision on that,” Belichick said during his Wednesday morning press conference prior to the third of three joint practices with the Saints. “I don’t know. I’m not saying he will. I’m not saying he won’t. We’ll evaluate it and see.”
Welker, who suffered a left knee injury in last year’s regular-season finale, has been rehabbing throughout the spring and summer in an attempt to return to the field. He says sometimes he feels himself getting better, and some days, not so much.
“Some days I do and some days I don’t,” he said. “I think as long as I’m out here and am able to make those same movements, it helps in the long run.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?