Patriots official announcement on Burgess, Warren moves
|08.13.10 at 5:39 pm ET|
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. ‘ The New England Patriots announced today that LB Derrick Burgess was reinstated to the active roster from the reserve/did not report list. In addition, DL Ty Warren was placed on injured reserve with a hip injury.
Burgess, 6-2, 255 pounds, is a veteran of nine NFL seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles (2001-04), Oakland Raiders (2005-08) and the Patriots (2009). The Patriots acquired Burgess in a trade with the Oakland Raiders on Aug. 6, 2009. He was re-signed by the Patriots on May 27, 2010.
Last season, Burgess played in 16 games with six starts and finished with 35 total tackles, 5.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
Burgess originally joined the NFL as a third-round draft pick by Philadelphia (63rd overall) out of Mississippi in 2001. He has accumulated 262 total tackles, 52 sacks, seven forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries during his career. After a four-year career in Philadelphia, Burgess joined Oakland as an unrestricted free agent in 2005 and earned Pro Bowl honors in his first two seasons with the Raiders, registering 16 sacks in 2005 and 11 sacks in 2006.
Warren, 6-5, 300 pounds, has started 92 of 105 games and accumulated 496 total tackles, 20.5 sacks, four forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries during his seven NFL seasons. He was originally drafted by the Patriots in the first round (13th overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft out of Texas A & M. Last season, Warren started 12 of 13 games and finished with 57 total tackles and one sack.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...