Training Camp Report from Sunday morning walkthrough
|08.15.10 at 11:39 am ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Just got back from the Sunday morning walkthrough here at Gillette Stadium, and there were a couple of interesting notes worth passing along from a session that went roughly 90 minutes:
‘¢After being reinstated over the weekend, outside linebacker/defensive end Derrick Burgess was back at practice for the first time all camp. Other notables who were on the field for the low-intensity walkthrough included cornerback Leigh Bodden, inside linebacker Gary Guyton and defensive lineman Ron Brace. Brace worked out some at left defensive end, the spot traditionally held by Ty Warren, and might be a step closer to returning to the field.
‘¢Quarterback Tom Brady had the ring finger and middle finger of his throwing hand taped together, although it doesn’t sound like it’s going to be a big deal going forward, at least according to Patriots coach Bill Belichick. ‘I don’t think it’s life-threatening,’ Belichick joked at his morning press conference when asked about Brady.
‘¢Not spotted were offensive lineman Nick Kaczur, wide receiver Torry Holt and defensive back Ross Ventrone. Ventrone appeared to suffer an injury in Thursday’s preseason opener against the Saints, while both Kaczur and Holt have missed the last several practices.
‘¢Look for some roster moves to be announced shortly. Wide receiver Buddy Farnham, who was released last week, was back on the field. In addition, there was a new unidentified player who was working with the offensive linemen.
‘¢The Patriots have another practice scheduled for 2:30 this afternoon that is open to the public.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied