Weston clears waivers, will go on IR this season
|08.24.10 at 5:51 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Tuesday afternoon that rookie defensive lineman Kade Weston had cleared waivers and would be placed on the Patriots’ injured reserve list for the 2010 season.
A seventh-round pick of the Patriots out of the University of Georgia, Weston has struggled to stay on the field since he was drafted this past spring ‘ the 6-foot-5, 315-pounder had a problem reporting to Foxboro because of a work visa issue (he was born in Trinidad & Tobago), and when he did arrive, he opened camp on the physically unable to perform list.
Weston had 78 career tackles and four sacks in his collegiate career with the Bulldogs, with his finest season coming as a senior when he started nine games and finished with 28 tackles and two sacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie