Weston clears waivers, will go on IR this season
|08.24.10 at 5:51 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Tuesday afternoon that rookie defensive lineman Kade Weston had cleared waivers and would be placed on the Patriots’ injured reserve list for the 2010 season.
A seventh-round pick of the Patriots out of the University of Georgia, Weston has struggled to stay on the field since he was drafted this past spring ‘ the 6-foot-5, 315-pounder had a problem reporting to Foxboro because of a work visa issue (he was born in Trinidad & Tobago), and when he did arrive, he opened camp on the physically unable to perform list.
Weston had 78 career tackles and four sacks in his collegiate career with the Bulldogs, with his finest season coming as a senior when he started nine games and finished with 28 tackles and two sacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 11 Win
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury