Postgame chatter: Leigh Bodden
|08.26.10 at 11:50 pm ET|
There wasn’t a smiling face in the Patriots locker room following the team’s 36-35 loss to the Rams on Thursday night. From the rookies to the veterans, the loss seemed to take priority over individual accomplishments. Cornerback Leigh Bodden was among those who seemed a bit downtrodden in speaking to reporters. Here’s what he had to say:
On the defense’s play against the St. Louis offense:
“We played our defense. What we’ve been laying through the preseason. The penalties and just making the plays when we needed to make the plays. We just didn’t make the plays.”
On first overall pick Sam Bradford, who went 15-of-22 for 189 yards and a pair of touchdowns:
“I’m not surprised. I’m pretty sure he practiced all week and got prepared. He looked good out there. We just didn’t do anything to stop him. I’m not surprised. He’s an NFL quarterback. Just because he’s a rookie, doesn’t mean anything.”
On the attitude from the top down following the loss:
“You’re never happy with a loss. No matter if it’s preseason, regular season, playoffs, you definitely want to win a game. That’s what you step out there to do. We didn’t come out with the W, so everybody should be upset.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England