Postgame chatter: Leigh Bodden
|08.26.10 at 11:50 pm ET|
There wasn’t a smiling face in the Patriots locker room following the team’s 36-35 loss to the Rams on Thursday night. From the rookies to the veterans, the loss seemed to take priority over individual accomplishments. Cornerback Leigh Bodden was among those who seemed a bit downtrodden in speaking to reporters. Here’s what he had to say:
On the defense’s play against the St. Louis offense:
“We played our defense. What we’ve been laying through the preseason. The penalties and just making the plays when we needed to make the plays. We just didn’t make the plays.”
On first overall pick Sam Bradford, who went 15-of-22 for 189 yards and a pair of touchdowns:
“I’m not surprised. I’m pretty sure he practiced all week and got prepared. He looked good out there. We just didn’t do anything to stop him. I’m not surprised. He’s an NFL quarterback. Just because he’s a rookie, doesn’t mean anything.”
On the attitude from the top down following the loss:
“You’re never happy with a loss. No matter if it’s preseason, regular season, playoffs, you definitely want to win a game. That’s what you step out there to do. We didn’t come out with the W, so everybody should be upset.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves
- Dobson Will Be in the Fight of His Life for a Roster Spot in 2016