Postgame chatter: Leigh Bodden
|08.26.10 at 11:50 pm ET|
There wasn’t a smiling face in the Patriots locker room following the team’s 36-35 loss to the Rams on Thursday night. From the rookies to the veterans, the loss seemed to take priority over individual accomplishments. Cornerback Leigh Bodden was among those who seemed a bit downtrodden in speaking to reporters. Here’s what he had to say:
On the defense’s play against the St. Louis offense:
“We played our defense. What we’ve been laying through the preseason. The penalties and just making the plays when we needed to make the plays. We just didn’t make the plays.”
On first overall pick Sam Bradford, who went 15-of-22 for 189 yards and a pair of touchdowns:
“I’m not surprised. I’m pretty sure he practiced all week and got prepared. He looked good out there. We just didn’t do anything to stop him. I’m not surprised. He’s an NFL quarterback. Just because he’s a rookie, doesn’t mean anything.”
On the attitude from the top down following the loss:
“You’re never happy with a loss. No matter if it’s preseason, regular season, playoffs, you definitely want to win a game. That’s what you step out there to do. We didn’t come out with the W, so everybody should be upset.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England