We are at Gillette
|08.26.10 at 6:03 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Just rolled into the Gillette Stadium press box for tonight’s preseason game between the Patriots and Rams. A nice night here at the stadium ‘ supposed to be clear and cool, with lows dropping into the low 60s, according to weather.com. Here are a couple of quick notes from seat No. 207 in the press box:
‘¢As is usually the case for the third preseason game, the starters are expected to go deeper into the game than at any point during the preseason. That means a higher intensity than the first two preseason games. Here’s a list of what we think you should be looking for tonight.
‘¢Good crowd here in the press box tonight, with not a lot of national media but a good representation of scouts from across the league. Representatives from Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, Miami, New Orleans, the New York Jets, Oakland, Pittsburgh and Washington, as well as a scout from the CFL’s Saskatchewan Roughriders.
‘¢The cover of tonight’s game program features the 2010 offseason award winners: Jerod Mayo, Sebastian Vollmer, Matthew Slater, James Sanders, Jonathan Wilhite, Mike Wright, Kevin Faulk, Dan Connolly, Julian Edelman and George Bussey. And before the game, the Patriots will honor the Tufts University lacrosse team, the NCAA Division III national champions.
‘¢On the other side of the ball, it’ll mark the first preseason start for quarterback Sam Bradford, the No. 1 pick in the draft. In addition, it’s something of a homecoming for St. Louis coach Steve Spagnuolo, a native of Whitinsville who graduated from Springfield and received his Master’s from UMass.
‘¢Keep it here throughout the evening, as we’ll have updates, notes and analysis throughout the evening. After the game, we’ll also have the latest updates from the locker room.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It