We are at Gillette
|08.26.10 at 6:03 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Just rolled into the Gillette Stadium press box for tonight’s preseason game between the Patriots and Rams. A nice night here at the stadium ‘ supposed to be clear and cool, with lows dropping into the low 60s, according to weather.com. Here are a couple of quick notes from seat No. 207 in the press box:
‘¢As is usually the case for the third preseason game, the starters are expected to go deeper into the game than at any point during the preseason. That means a higher intensity than the first two preseason games. Here’s a list of what we think you should be looking for tonight.
‘¢Good crowd here in the press box tonight, with not a lot of national media but a good representation of scouts from across the league. Representatives from Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, Miami, New Orleans, the New York Jets, Oakland, Pittsburgh and Washington, as well as a scout from the CFL’s Saskatchewan Roughriders.
‘¢The cover of tonight’s game program features the 2010 offseason award winners: Jerod Mayo, Sebastian Vollmer, Matthew Slater, James Sanders, Jonathan Wilhite, Mike Wright, Kevin Faulk, Dan Connolly, Julian Edelman and George Bussey. And before the game, the Patriots will honor the Tufts University lacrosse team, the NCAA Division III national champions.
‘¢On the other side of the ball, it’ll mark the first preseason start for quarterback Sam Bradford, the No. 1 pick in the draft. In addition, it’s something of a homecoming for St. Louis coach Steve Spagnuolo, a native of Whitinsville who graduated from Springfield and received his Master’s from UMass.
‘¢Keep it here throughout the evening, as we’ll have updates, notes and analysis throughout the evening. After the game, we’ll also have the latest updates from the locker room.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video