Neal on D&H: ‘Lot of work to do’
|08.27.10 at 10:56 am ET|
Patriots offensive lineman Stephen Neal joined the Dale & Holley show Friday morning to talk about the Patriots’ disappointing performance in their 36-35 preseason loss to the Rams on Thursday night. To hear the interview, visit the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
Asked what the message was from the Patriots coaches following the game, Neal said: “Pretty much we’ve got a lot of work to do. And they’re right. We’ll look at film today and see how we can improve and just get back after it. Luckily, that was a preseason game. We were really trying to win that thing. We just couldn’t pull it out.”
Added Neal: “We have another week to work out the kinks. Hopefully, we can be a little more smooth in the next game and have a good feel going into the regular season.”
A former collegiate wrestling standout, Neal discussed mixed martial arts fighting, with the UFC making a stop in Boston this weekend. Neal said he knows a number of UFC competitors but isn’t likely to take up the activity after his NFL career is over. “My wife told me that I’m not alllowed to,” the 33-year-old said with a laugh. “No, I enjoy the gig I’m doing, and those guys are pretty tough out there. And I don’t know if my body could hang out there with the age I’m at and the trauma I’ve been through. Probably not.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?