Neal on D&H: ‘Lot of work to do’
|08.27.10 at 10:56 am ET|
Patriots offensive lineman Stephen Neal joined the Dale & Holley show Friday morning to talk about the Patriots’ disappointing performance in their 36-35 preseason loss to the Rams on Thursday night. To hear the interview, visit the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
Asked what the message was from the Patriots coaches following the game, Neal said: “Pretty much we’ve got a lot of work to do. And they’re right. We’ll look at film today and see how we can improve and just get back after it. Luckily, that was a preseason game. We were really trying to win that thing. We just couldn’t pull it out.”
Added Neal: “We have another week to work out the kinks. Hopefully, we can be a little more smooth in the next game and have a good feel going into the regular season.”
A former collegiate wrestling standout, Neal discussed mixed martial arts fighting, with the UFC making a stop in Boston this weekend. Neal said he knows a number of UFC competitors but isn’t likely to take up the activity after his NFL career is over. “My wife told me that I’m not alllowed to,” the 33-year-old said with a laugh. “No, I enjoy the gig I’m doing, and those guys are pretty tough out there. And I don’t know if my body could hang out there with the age I’m at and the trauma I’ve been through. Probably not.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal