Pats practice report-Monday
|08.30.10 at 3:19 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The biggest news of the day was who was not on the practice field with the Patriots as they look to put last Thursday’s preseason embarrassment behind them and get ready for their final tune-up before the real games begin against Cincinnati on Sept. 12 at Gillette Stadium.
The team worked out in full pads and helmets on the hot, sunny day on the fields outside Gillette.
WR Julian Edelman and TE Aaron Hernandez both missed practice as did CB Tyrone Wheatley, CB Leigh Bodden, CB Bret Lockett, S Brandon McGowan, OG Logan Mankins, DL Brandon Deaderick, OL Nick Kaczur and DL Daryl Richard.
A pair of receivers, Matthew Slater and Darnell Jenkins returned to practice after missing time last week. Of those not participating Monday, Richard, Pryor, Wheatley, McGowan, Deaderick, and Brace were new absences.
Bodden’s absence raises eyebrows since he returned from a balky knee last week and played against the Rams.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied