Pats practice report-Monday
|08.30.10 at 3:19 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The biggest news of the day was who was not on the practice field with the Patriots as they look to put last Thursday’s preseason embarrassment behind them and get ready for their final tune-up before the real games begin against Cincinnati on Sept. 12 at Gillette Stadium.
The team worked out in full pads and helmets on the hot, sunny day on the fields outside Gillette.
WR Julian Edelman and TE Aaron Hernandez both missed practice as did CB Tyrone Wheatley, CB Leigh Bodden, CB Bret Lockett, S Brandon McGowan, OG Logan Mankins, DL Brandon Deaderick, OL Nick Kaczur and DL Daryl Richard.
A pair of receivers, Matthew Slater and Darnell Jenkins returned to practice after missing time last week. Of those not participating Monday, Richard, Pryor, Wheatley, McGowan, Deaderick, and Brace were new absences.
Bodden’s absence raises eyebrows since he returned from a balky knee last week and played against the Rams.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video