Surgery for Bodden Thursday
|09.02.10 at 12:05 pm ET|
Bodden, who was placed on season-ending injured reserve on Tuesday, tweeted this morning that he would be getting surgery on the rotator cuff that will cost him 2010-2011.
“Up early in the morning for Surgery[.] Hungry as hell[.] I couldn’t eat after midnight…. I knew I should have set the alarm and ate at 11:50,” he tweeted.
Bodden was entering his second season as a member of the Patriots. He had five picks last season, one short of his career-high six that he recorded in ’07 with the Browns. A veteran of seven seasons spent between Cleveland, Detroit, and New England, the 28-year-old had signed a 4-year, $22 million dollar deal to stay with the Patriots in the offseason.
With Bodden out, it is likely that Darius Butler and Devin McCourty will emerge as the top two corners, with Terrence Wheatley potentially earning an increased role after an encouraging training camp.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England