Surgery for Bodden Thursday
|09.02.10 at 12:05 pm ET|
Bodden, who was placed on season-ending injured reserve on Tuesday, tweeted this morning that he would be getting surgery on the rotator cuff that will cost him 2010-2011.
“Up early in the morning for Surgery[.] Hungry as hell[.] I couldn’t eat after midnight…. I knew I should have set the alarm and ate at 11:50,” he tweeted.
Bodden was entering his second season as a member of the Patriots. He had five picks last season, one short of his career-high six that he recorded in ’07 with the Browns. A veteran of seven seasons spent between Cleveland, Detroit, and New England, the 28-year-old had signed a 4-year, $22 million dollar deal to stay with the Patriots in the offseason.
With Bodden out, it is likely that Darius Butler and Devin McCourty will emerge as the top two corners, with Terrence Wheatley potentially earning an increased role after an encouraging training camp.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?