Surgery for Bodden Thursday
|09.02.10 at 12:05 pm ET|
Bodden, who was placed on season-ending injured reserve on Tuesday, tweeted this morning that he would be getting surgery on the rotator cuff that will cost him 2010-2011.
“Up early in the morning for Surgery[.] Hungry as hell[.] I couldn’t eat after midnight…. I knew I should have set the alarm and ate at 11:50,” he tweeted.
Bodden was entering his second season as a member of the Patriots. He had five picks last season, one short of his career-high six that he recorded in ’07 with the Browns. A veteran of seven seasons spent between Cleveland, Detroit, and New England, the 28-year-old had signed a 4-year, $22 million dollar deal to stay with the Patriots in the offseason.
With Bodden out, it is likely that Darius Butler and Devin McCourty will emerge as the top two corners, with Terrence Wheatley potentially earning an increased role after an encouraging training camp.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...