Jarvis Green poised to rejoin Patriots?
|09.04.10 at 4:06 pm ET|
The 31-year-old Green, who was taken in the fourth round of the 2002 draft out of Louisiana State by the Patriots, enjoyed eight seasons with New England. While he was never a full-time player over the course of a single season, Green provided depth along a defensive line that featured Pro Bowlers Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork.
Over the course of his career with New England, he became a prolific pass rusher ‘ in the 2003 AFC Championship Game against the Colts, he had 2.5 sacks, and would go on to finish with 7.5 sacks in 2006 and 6.5 sacks in 2007.
In 2009, Green was hobbled by a knee injury, and had just one sack in 13 games with the Patriots. When Green was a free agent following the 2009 season, the Patriots were interested in bringing him back, but the price was too rich for New England as he ended up signing a four-year, $20-million deal with the Broncos.
However, according to the National Football Post, the 6-foot-3, 285-pounder was cut loose on Saturday. That opens up the possibility of a return to a New England team that has struggled to put consistent pressure on opposing quarterbacks, and lost Ty Warren for the year because of a hip injury and recently cut veteran Damione Lewis.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL