Reports: Pats will cut Burgess, Woods
|09.04.10 at 5:31 pm ET|
The Patriots will release outside linebackers Pierre Woods and Derrick Burgess, according to multiple media outlets. Burgess, 32, recorded five sacks with New England last season, while the 28-year-old Woods, who was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2006, spent the last four seasons with New England working mainly as a situational linebacker as well as on special teams. The news on both players was first reported by ESPN.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself