Reports: Pats will cut Burgess, Woods
|09.04.10 at 5:31 pm ET|
The Patriots will release outside linebackers Pierre Woods and Derrick Burgess, according to multiple media outlets. Burgess, 32, recorded five sacks with New England last season, while the 28-year-old Woods, who was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2006, spent the last four seasons with New England working mainly as a situational linebacker as well as on special teams. The news on both players was first reported by ESPN.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?